Here’s how to install the mobile modem on Windows PC via USB and tether the modem for Internet connection:
- Download and install the Zune software from zune.net
- Alternatively, for users who do not want to install Zune software or the PC has problem installing appropriate driver, try to download and install LG USB modem driver: PilotesLGe900.exe
- Launch the LG phone dialer, and dial ##634#, then press the Call button to bring up a list of applications under the screen title of “MFG”.
- When asked to input password, enter 277634#*# to unlock the password-protected MFG.
- Once MFG loads go to the USB Switching option in Menu Engineer -> Port Setting.
- Select the QC COMPOSITE and validate (switch to MS COMPOSITE to restore sync with Zune).
- The phone will automatically restart to activate the setting.
- Connect the phone to PC with a USB cable.
- Windows should automatically detect the Windows Phone 7 and install driver from the device. A phone modem named LGE CDMA USB Modem will be installed.
- Edit or configure the LGE CDMA USB Modem settings or properties from Device Manager, and add an additional string parameter in the Extra initialization commands from the Advanced tab (for USA AT&T network):
OR (in some cases, either one of these works better)
OR (for Canadian customers)
- Manually create a new dial-up connection that uses the LGE USB modem with phone number to dial as *99***1# ( Canada use: *99# )
- Dial the new connection, and you should now have Internet access via the Windows Phone!
NOTE: There is no need to enter a username and password, but just in case, you can enter the below values (may be case sensitive):