Below are the features I would like to have added to the Windows Phone 7. Thanks for reading my gripe list!
- Make tethering a native function in Windows Phone software (currently have to make tweaks to work – see my post here)
- Add more features to Outlook Mobile so that messages can be grouped by thread/conversation
- Sync Outlook search folder views from Exchange to Outlook Mobile
- Add the ability to send MMS messages and attach audio or video
- Add the ability to install additional ring tones
- Add the ability in the Zune player to shuffle-play Albums, Artists and Playlists
- I miss the cut and paste of Windows, please bring it back
The ability to search the Marketplace for apps by keywords Solved! I found out how to do this, and feel dumb that I missed the obvious. Whenever in Zune or Marketplace, press the search button on the phone.
Arrow keys on the touch screen keyboard to be able to move the curser around with precision Solved! Again, another trick that needed to be discovered. Just press and hold in the line of text, and a floating cursor will appear that you can move with precision anywhere you want.
- The alarm only has a default snooze of 5 minutes. It would be nice to be able to choose a snooze in more increments, like 10,15, 30, 60
- Would be nice if rating and reviews for apps would be remembered so that I know what I have already rated
- The camera and video settings should save the settings I change and not reset back to defaults each time I close and open the camera/video mode
- MORE WILL BE ADDED
Here’s how to install the mobile modem on Windows PC via USB and tether the modem for Internet connection:
- Download and install the Zune software from zune.net
- Alternatively, for users who do not want to install Zune software or the PC has problem installing appropriate driver, try to download and install LG USB modem driver: PilotesLGe900.exe
- Launch the LG phone dialer, and dial ##634#, then press the Call button to bring up a list of applications under the screen title of “MFG”.
- When asked to input password, enter 277634#*# to unlock the password-protected MFG.
- Once MFG loads go to the USB Switching option in Menu Engineer -> Port Setting.
- Select the QC COMPOSITE and validate (switch to MS COMPOSITE to restore sync with Zune).
- The phone will automatically restart to activate the setting.
- Connect the phone to PC with a USB cable.
- Windows should automatically detect the Windows Phone 7 and install driver from the device. A phone modem named LGE CDMA USB Modem will be installed.
- Edit or configure the LGE CDMA USB Modem settings or properties from Device Manager, and add an additional string parameter in the Extra initialization commands from the Advanced tab (for USA AT&T network):
OR (in some cases, either one of these works better)
OR (for Canadian customers)
- Manually create a new dial-up connection that uses the LGE USB modem with phone number to dial as *99***1# ( Canada use: *99# )
- Dial the new connection, and you should now have Internet access via the Windows Phone!
NOTE: There is no need to enter a username and password, but just in case, you can enter the below values (may be case sensitive):